What are differences of game and play?
Play is doing whatever you want, with some structure and in an environment.
- A game is a closed, formal, system that engages players in a structured conflict and resolves in unequal outcome.
- A game is a series of meaningful choices.
- A game has some outcomes!
- A game is a problem-solving activity, approched with a playful attitude.
- It is volunteering.
- A game is about learning or problem solving.
- A game has a balance between structure and exploration.
One important thing is not to get confused by games and video games and gamification!